Saturday, August 25, 2012

Review: Lush Veganese Conditioner

I'm going to start this review off by saying I know that this product sports a luxury price tag that is out of most people's budgets. I just work more than I should so I can afford it.

The conditioner is available at any Lush store, as well as from the Lush cosmetics website, in three different sizes.
100 mL for $9.95
250 mL for $19.95
500 mL for $29.95

The main ingredients in Veganese are lavender, sea weed, citrus, and rosemary. This is a completely vegan conditioner (hence the name).

The main purpose of this conditioner is to be an ultra lightweight conditioner for people with fine hair to give them lots of volume.

If you've read any of my posts or ever seen a picture of me, you can probably guess that "lightweight" does not mean a conditioner that would be particularly helpful to me. I have thick, coarse, bleached out hair that is damaged beyond return. And this conditioner is actually one of my favourite hair products. Especially in the "Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Mask" department.

By now, you've probably hear of Wen, Hair One or the L'oreal Cleansing conditioners. They are becoming quite trendy for healthy hair methods.

Cleansing conditioners are sort of the healthier, newer version of 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioners, but these are more conditioner than shampoo, and that's actually why I love this conditioner.

Veganese as a post-shampoo conditioner really only works if your hair does not need any conditioner, just something to smooth it out when you're done, and in that case, why drop the cash on a conditioner at all? But for someone like me, using the Veganese conditioner actually takes the place of both my shampoo and my conditioner, so I'm only buying one product, which makes the price tag a little easier to swallow.

To use it as a cleansing conditioner, simply get into the shower, wet your hair, and apply the conditioner, but instead of smoothing it on like a regular conditioner, lather it up like a shampoo, and then leave it in while you do your other shower-type stuff, rinse it out before you get out of the shower, and you're good to go.

As a cleansing conditioner, I found that this leaves my hair incredibly clean. but also well conditioned, seeing as I didn't strip it with a shampoo before using it. The fact that it also has my favourite scent (citrus) doesn't hurt either.



No comments:

Post a Comment